An Australian owned underground base metals miner operating in an English speaking, stable and non-conflict orientated country of Africa. To support the overall operation of the underground mine, Iron Cove Global is currently seeking candidates to fill two separate roles, joining the business in the position of Underground Manager. Reporting to the Operations Manager, duties will include:
- Manage and coordinate all facets of underground operations to meet safety, production and cost targets;
- Drive a significant productivity increase agenda focussed on personal accountability, rigorous planning, development of improved front-line supervision capability, quality control and continuous improvement.
- Optimise teamwork and interaction with maintenance and mine technical services functional groups
- Manage development contractors and owner-operator production teams.
- Recognised Tertiary Degree in Bachelor of Engineering (Mining)
- An Australian First Class Mine Manager's Certificate of Competency (Highly Regarded)
- Minimum of 7 years experience in an underground mining environment with exposure to highly productive jumbo development and long-hole stoping
- Minimum of 2 years in an alt manager/supervisory operational role
- Prior expatriate experience (desirable but not essential)
- Demonstrated experience in providing leadership, management, training & development of personnel
- Notable technical awareness with an understanding of underground production, mine planning, ventilation, geotechnical, capital projects and budgeting.
The opportunities will be ideal for either a seasoned expat or a professional who is looking to obtain their first working position outside of home country origin. The chosen candidates will have the opportunity and autonomy to build upon and create improvements at an established operation during a time of ongoing expansion.
The successful candidates will be remunerated with a competitive USD salary package, offered on either 6/3 FIFO with business flights OR on residential basis.
For more information or to apply, please forward resumes in MS WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org
or apply via the provided link.