Our client, an underground mining services contractor engaged on a thriving gold mine in Africa is currently searching for an UG Shift Supervisor to join the growing team. The successful candidate will oversee and coordinate the daily operations of the underground mining crew, ensuring adherence to safety protocols, set targets, and quality standards. Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction to the underground mining team, ensuring adherence to safety regulations, operational procedures, and best practices.
- Coordinate and manage daily shift activities, including the allocation of tasks, equipment utilisation, and workforce deployment to achieve set targets effectively.
- Enforce strict adherence to safety protocols, conduct regular safety meetings, and promote a safety-first culture among the team members.
- Monitor and optimise processes to maximise output while maintaining quality standards and minimising downtime.
- Train, mentor, and evaluate the performance of team members, identifying training needs and opportunities for skill enhancement.
- Maintain accurate records of daily operations, prepare shift reports, and communicate effectively with management regarding production updates, challenges, and recommendations for improvements.
- Collaborate with maintenance teams to ensure that all equipment and machinery are in optimal working condition, performing routine checks and reporting any issues promptly.
- Act as a key point of contact during emergency situations, leading response efforts and ensuring the safety and well-being of the team.
- WA Shift Supervisors Certificate of Competency (or similar)
- Experience working at supervisor or foreman level with a mining contractor
- Prior expat experience working outside of home country origin.
- Profound knowledge of underground mining techniques, safety procedures, and regulations.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and manage a diverse team effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with team members and management effectively.
- Problem-solving aptitude with the ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Understanding of equipment maintenance and operational best practices.
The position is offered on FIFO basis, on site in Africa. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the chosen candidate.
If the opportunity mentioned above sounds interesting, we encourage you to apply using the provided link. Alternatively, resume applications and enquiries can be directed to Dan McComb via email@example.com
or +61 415 400 083. Iron Cove Global – Mining Search is an Australia based, globally focussed mining recruitment & executive search firm. Should you be interested to learn about other opportunities we may be working on, please get in touch.
All applications are treated with the strictest of confidence.