A thriving multi-commodity producer and developer, holding mining operations and development projects across five continents. Located at the groups key base metals business and underground operation in Africa, a Study Manager is required to join the senior management team to execute the Pre-feasibility & Feasibility study for a robust brownfield underground mine expansion. The focus of the study will be based on the implementation of a new twin shaft system running to 1300m depth and holding CAPEX of USD$1Billion. The Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Mine Engineering Discipline;
- 15+ years underground metalliferous mining experience;
- Expat experience outside of home country origin;
- Demonstrated study, mine design, operations, project execution experience;
- Prior experience delivering PFS/FS for large underground mine expansion project/s;
- High calibre leadership & influencing ability with sound interpersonal awareness;
- Outstanding client & stakeholder liaison capability;
- Willing to work on a FIFO roster or residential arrangement in Africa.
- Highly rewarding USD remuneration;
- An exciting position on one of Africa’s largest current UG mine expansion projects;
- Company-provided health insurance;
- Career progression opportunities;
- Business flights from point of hire; (For FIFO)
- Paid accommodation whilst in-country;
- Relocation assistance and in-country support (For residential).
The immediate focus of the position is based around underground mine design and shaft execution. Hence, we are specifically looking for an underground technical and operations mining expert who has been a part of the same and similar style underground mine expansion projects in the past. Ongoing career development opportunities will be available for the successful candidate as the project continues through execution phases.
If the opportunity mentioned above sounds to be of interest, we encourage you to apply using the provided link. Alternatively, resume applications and enquiries can be directed to Dan McComb via email@example.com
or +61 415 400 083. Iron Cove Global – Mining Search is an Australia based, globally focussed mining recruitment & executive search firm. Should you be interested to learn about other opportunities we may be working on, please get in touch.