A thriving Australian owned underground mining contractor engaged on a large, well-known world-class operation in South East Asia. To ensure the highest technical & operational standards are maintained across all areas of contracted work function, Iron Cove Global is currently seeking candidates to potentially join forces with our client in the position of Senior Mining Engineer. Reporting to the Project Manager, duties will include:
- Ensure work plans, designs and schedules are prepared to meet the required production output;
- Supervising national and expat engineering teams;
- Acting in the role of Project Manager during periods of absence;
- Undertaking weekly planning of all aspects of the mining cycle including development, production, construction, paste fill, electrical & services;
- Identifying areas of poor performance and implement plans to rectify
- Monitoring workflow, performance of teams & quality of work;
- Mentoring and training of both nationals and expat subordinates.
- Recognised tertiary Degree in Bachelor of Engineer (Mining);
- A recognised First Class Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency (Highly Regarded)
- Minimum of 10 year’s experience in mechanised mining;
- Minimum of 3-4 year’s experience in a similar role;
- Experience working in open stoping mining environment;
- Prior experience working as an expat outside of home country origin.
- Outstanding industry high base salary;
- Lucrative bonus paid quarterly;
- Mobilisation allowance;
- Comprehensive health & travel insurance for employee and family;
- International schooling for children;
- Fully paid housing in a township near to the mine.
The position will be ideal for an experienced expat who is looking to be at home each night with his family. The chosen candidate will be provided with extensive career development and progression opportunity, working as fill in PM for the mine and holding sole oversight & responsibility for the businesses technical function.
For more information or to apply, please forward resumes in MS WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org
or apply via the provided link.