An Australian metals producer who owns and operates several successful base and precious metals operations across the country. Located at the groups key underground mining operation in QLD, a Senior Mining Engineer is currently sought to join the business and drive technical services function during an exciting period of transformation and site progression. The Role
- Create and implement short-medium-long term planning for the underground mine;
- Undertake detailed mine scheduling to optimise mine production timelines and profiles;
- Execute technical evaluations to establish mine design alternatives to address a variety of potential safety, technical and operating risks.
- Engage with various internal departments including Geotechnical, Electrical and operations to deliver the optimized mining plans.
- Oversee and guide the mining contractor to achieve the Operational Plan.
- Review technical and operations trends to develop improvement initiatives.
- 6+ Years experience as an underground mining engineer;
- Bachelors Degree in Mining Engineering discipline;
- Prior underground metalliferous mine planning experience;
- Prior experience completing detailed metalliferous mine design and scheduling;
- Proficient in use of mine planning software;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication capability;
- Competitive remuneration package in line with experience;
- Ongoing career progression opportunities;
- Option for various FIFO or DIDO rosters from within QLD;
- A diversified technical leadership position at a growing operation;
- Opportunity to get involved across a broad technical scope of work.
If the opportunity mentioned above sounds to be of interest, we encourage you to apply using the provided link. Alternatively, resume applications and enquiries can be directed to Dan McComb via firstname.lastname@example.org
or +61 2 8005 7377. Iron Cove Global – Mining Search is an Australia based, globally focussed mining recruitment & executive search firm. Should you be interested to learn about other opportunities we may be working on, please get in touch.
All applications are treated with the strictest of confidence.