A thriving multi-commodity resource organisation, holding mining operations and development projects across several continents. Located at the groups key base metals business and underground operation in Africa, a Senior Mine Surveyor is required to come on board and drive survey function across the operation.
Reporting to the Chief Surveyor, duties will include:
- Develop, implement and bolster survey standards for an UG mechanised mine;
- Lead underground survey activities to facilitate timely execution of production and development cycles;
- Provide leadership and direction for spatial data requirements;
- Liaise closely with technical services department and underground contractors;
- Provide technical support and assistance across other departments as required;
- Ensure that all activities are carried out to the highest standard of safety.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Surveying discipline;
- Minimum of 6 years experience working in an UG mechanised hard rock mine;
- Strong computer skills with mining software competency;
- Sound leadership & communication capability;
- Prior experience leading/mentoring technical services personnel.
The opportunity will be ideal for either a seasoned expat or a professional who is looking to obtain their first position working outside of home country origin. The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to make a difference within a fast-paced environment, being provided with opportunities for career development & progression across the business.
The successful candidate will be remunerated with a competitive USD salary package including lucrative bonus. Options for both Residential & FIFO via business class travel supported.
If the opportunity mentioned above sounds to be of interest, we encourage you to apply using the provided link. Alternatively, resume applications and enquiries can be directed to Dan McComb via email@example.com
or +61 2 8005 7377. Iron Cove Global – Mining Search is an Australia based, globally focussed mining recruitment & executive search firm. Should you be interested to learn about this role or other opportunities we may be working on, please get in touch.