A global gold miner who is developing a large sub-level open stoping operation in South-East Asia. To assist the development of the project, we are looking for a Principal Mining Engineer who can assist with the management of the technical team, paying close attention to planning and scheduling function. Reporting to the Mine Engineering Superintendent, duties will include:
- Leading and coaching of direct reports (national and expat)
- Developing and implementing a robust mining strategy for life-of-mine
- Formulating the annual budget
- Collaborating with the Transformation team to introduce state-of-the-art mine technologies into the underground operation
- Developing flexible 3-month plans, and ensuring execution
- Undertaking ventilation reviews
- Reviewing and implementing an updated materials handling system for the underground fleet
- Planning the commissioning of capital infrastructure projects and integrating them into the operation
- Recognised Tertiary Degree in Bachelor of Engineering (Mining)
- Minimum of 9 year’s experience in an underground mining environment with exposure to sub-level open stoping activities;
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a technical supervisory role;
- Strong understanding of Deswik software;
- Prior expatriate experience (desirable but not essential);
- Demonstrated experience in providing leadership, management, training & development of personnel.
The opportunity will be ideal for either a seasoned expat or a professional who is looking to obtain their first working position outside of home country origin. The chosen candidate will be remunerated with a competitive USD salary package, offered on either a 20/10 or 28/14 FIFO rotation.
For more information or to apply, please forward resumes in MS WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org
or apply via the provided link. Contact can be made via +612 8005 7377.