A global mining contractor, specialising in underground mechanised mining development and production for thriving operations located in Asia & Africa. The company has mining projects located at significant underground assets owned by tier-one global mining corporations. To manage and oversee underground mining activities at the companies largest project, we are looking for an experienced General Manager
to join the business and guide the next phases of company growth throughout Asia. Reporting to the Executive Director, responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Lead, manage & oversee the businesses production, development, paste fill, dewatering and maintenance activities at its main project in Asia;
- Drive best practice execution of underground mining, safety & training standards across the group;
- Ensure contract targets are met and exceeded every month;
- Continuously review and communicate the business plan, ensuring effective implementation across the organisation;
- Manage budgeting, client stakeholder engagement as well as policy review, development and implementation;
- Execute sound management effectiveness via communication of organisational values and short-long term objectives and strategies.
- Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering discipline;
- A recognised First Class Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency (Highly Regarded);
- Track record of success in the management of large underground mechanised mining operations;
- Prior experience working in a critical management role with an underground mining contractor (desirable not essential);
- Experience working as an expat outside of home country origin (Highly Regarded);
- High calibre ability in technical, operations and business administration discipline;
- Ability to relocate and live residential in Asia.
- A competitive USD base salary;
- Lucrative bonus upside paid on short term basis against the execution of targets;
- Fully paid housing 10 minutes from the key operation, including utilities, etc.;
- Paid flights back to home country several times per year;
- Career progression opportunities;
- A critical executive operations role with a thriving contractor.
To inquire about the position, contact can be made via +61 415 400 083.
Otherwise, interested candidates are urged to forward resumes to email@example.com
or via the provided application link.