A thriving, Australian owned base metals miner operating a large underground mine in Central Africa. Due to ongoing expansion and continued development across the mine property, there is a requirement for an experienced geologist to come on board and join the technical services team in the role of Chief Mine Geologist. The Role
- Lead, coach and mentor a large geology team;
- Develop, implement & drive systems to support underground development and production activities;
- Implement and drive grade control systems to support effective operations;
- Support geology activities to increase reserve inventory across the mine property;
- Establish and maintain daily, weekly and monthly reporting systems;
- Support validation of survey, geological, geotechnical and resource estimate work;
- Short to long term geological planning to identify production profile risks;
- Encourage & drive a strong safety and continuous improvement culture.
- Tertiary qualification/s in geosciences discipline;
- 10+ years mining related experience;
- High calibre working ability in underground production geology activities;
- Strong technical understanding of the underground metalliferous mining environment;
- Leadership ability and interpersonal awareness to lead a large technical team;
- Willing to work on a 6/3 FIFO roster or residential arrangement in Central Africa.
- A highly competitive USD base salary;
- Lucrative bonus incentive program based on production metrics and KPI’s;
- A career progression opportunity with a growing base metals miner;
- Business class flights from point of hire (For FIFO);
- Relocation assistance and in country support (For residential);
- A key leadership role with an expat employer of choice in Africa.
The ideal candidate will hold a track record of success working in underground mine production activities with some exposure to reserve and resource estimation associated areas. The position is allowing for the Chief Mine Geologist to work FIFO from point of hire or live locally on residential basis.
To apply or express interest, candidates are urged to get in touch via +612 8005 7377 or forward resumes in MS WORD format to Dan McComb at email@example.com
Alternatively candidate may apply using the “APPLY NOW” link.